BCCI rejects ICC's recommendation on DRS
New Delhi: Despite ICC`s call for the universal acceptance of the Decision Review System (DRS), the BCCI on Monday refused to change its stand on the use of the technology, saying it was still not "foolproof".
ICC`s Chief Executive Committee recommended mandatory use of the DRS in Tests and one-dayers.
The technology has been consistently opposed by the cricket`s financial powerhouse and the influential BCCI today said its stand remains unchanged.
"We wish to clarify that while the DRS was discussed at the meeting, the BCCI`s stance on the same is unchanged. The BCCI continues to believe that the system is not foolproof," BCCI Secretary Sanjay Jagdale said in a statement.
"The Board also sticks to its view that the decision on whether or not to use the DRS for a particular series should be left to the Boards involved in that series," the statement added.
The CEC met as part of the ICC Annual Conference and "recommended to the Boards the universal application of the DRS after being satisfied with the technology enhancements provided by new Hotspot cameras and the results of the independent research on ball tracking conducted by Dr Ed Rosten, an expert in computer vision technology."
It also recommended that, subject to the Members` ability to finance and obtain the required technology, DRS should be mandatory for all Tests and ODIs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof