Bell to reach milestone of 100 Test caps for England
London: England batsman Ian Bell will reach the milestone of 100 Test appearances when he plays against Sri Lanka on Friday and said he is happy to play anywhere in the team`s top order.
Bell, who will become the 12th man to reach a century of England Test caps, said he is really honoured and will bat anywhere for this national side.
According to The BBC, Bell, who hit 56 and nine in the first Test against Sri Lanka that ended in a draw, has 20 hundreds and 40 half-centuries from 99 matches so far.
Bell, who came in at number four between the less experienced pair of Joe Root and Gary Ballance, said he is really happy at four, adding that if he was asked to bat at three, he would bat at three.
Bell said it seems very quickly England has got a nice compact middle order, which is what one needs at this level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read