Biggest gain for Johnson Charles in ICC rankings
Dubai: Opening batsman Johnson Charles has achieved the biggest gain for West Indian batsmen in the latest ICC ODI rankings.
Charles has climbed 30 places to number 63 after separate centuries for the West Indies in Australia and in the Caribbean earlier this month.
The St. Lucian batsman, who got to three figures in the final game of the five-match ODI series against Australia and again in the first ODI against Zimbabwe in Grenada last Friday, has now soared to 439 ratings points.
Middle order batsman Darren Bravo also scaled the rankings on the strength of his maiden ODI century in the first match against Zimbabwe last Friday. Bravo is nine places better with 556 ratings points.
Ramnarwesh Sarwan, who returned to international cricket after a break lasting nearly two years, has moved up two notches to number 58.
Sarwan recently had high scores including an unbeaten century in the second ODI between the West Indies and Zimbabwe.
However, Dwayne Bravo slipped four places in the batting while Kieron Pollard also slid a notch.
In the bowler`s ranking, Sunil Narine has moved up a place to second with a career-best 766 ratings points.
West Indies all-rounder Andre Russell, pacer Tino Best and Kemar Roach have also made significant strides up the rankings.
Russell has moved up 13 places to number 48, Best has climbed 12 places to 88 while Roach has climbed six places.
There were also marginal rise for Dwayne Bravo but the bowlers` table is still headed by Pakistan`s Saeed Ajmal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says