Bopara replaces Trott in England squad for 3rd Test
London: Ravi Bopara has replaced the injured Jonathan Trott in England`s squad for the third Test against India starting on Wednesday at Edgbaston.
Trott, who injured his shoulder while fielding in the second Test, was still undergoing rehabilitation, the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) said in a statement on Saturday.
Right-handed batsman Bopara, 26, has played 10 test matches, the last coming against Australia in August 2009.
The 13-man squad also included medium pacer Steven Finn as cover for Chris Tremlett, who missed the second Test with back spasms.
"Chris Tremlett is recovering well from the back spasms ... and, although we are expecting him to be fully fit ahead of Wednesday, we felt it was prudent to include an extra seam bowler at this stage, meaning Steven Finn comes into the squad," national selector Geoff Miller said.
England currently lead the four-match series 2-0 against number one-ranked Test side India.
Squad: Andrew Strauss (captain), James Anderson, Ian Bell, Ravi Bopara, Tim Bresnan, Stuart Broad, Alastair Cook, Steven Finn, Eoin Morgan, Kevin Pietersen, Matt Prior, Graeme Swann and Chris Tremlett.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof