Botha backed by South Australia coach to pass `suspect bowling` analysis
Sydney: The coach of the domestic South Australian (SA) team has backed the side`s captain and South African player Johan Botha to beat cricket`s biomechanical experts for a third time following analysis of his ` suspect bowling action` in Canberra.
Botha was cited in SA`s Ryobi Cup opener against Victoria on October 4 but not reported last season where he played all formats.
According to News.com.au, coach Darren Berry has said that he is baffled at Botha being reported for the bowling action, although he said he is confident that everything will be okay as they have been working on his action once they were made aware of the problem.
Berry further said that Botha was equipped with coping mechanisms to deal with his latest setback having been cited in 2006 and 2009 for a suspect action while bowling for South Africa.
Botha`s playing future will be decided within a week, meaning he could be available for all SA`s must-win, remaining group games against Western Australia, Queensland and New South Wale, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days