Botha to appeal against CA`s one-match ban
Melbourne: South Australia`s Johan Botha has decided to appeal against the one-match Bupa Sheffield Shield suspension imposed on him under the Cricket Australia (CA) Code of Behaviour.
The appeal will be held Monday in Adelaide and CA Code of Behaviour Commissioner Anthony Crocker will hear the appeal.
Botha was given a reprimand and two suspension points for two separate breaches of the Cricket Australia (CA) Code of Behaviour during the ninth round of the Bupa Sheffield Shield against New South Wales.
CA in statement said that in the first breach, the former South African cricketer, who had a match haul of eight wickets, was reported by the umpires for breaching Article 2.1.4 - using language that is obscene, offensive or insulting during a match.
The incident occurred during South Australia`s first fielding innings.
Botha accepted the proposed penalty of a reprimand by Match Referee David Talalla. A Code of Behaviour hearing was not required.
In the second breach, the umpires reported Botha for breaching Article 2.2.11 for actions that were a) contrary to the spirit of the game, b) harmful to the interests of cricket, and c) for bringing the game into disrepute, specifically repeated inappropriate conduct relating to the condition of the match ball.
Talalla proposed a penalty of two suspension points (equal to one Sheffield Shield match suspension) for the breach.
Botha pleaded guilty to the charge, but disputed the penalty, an action which initiated a formal Code of Behaviour hearing to be convened. The hearing was convened at the conclusion of the match.
At the conclusion of the hearing, the Match Referee upheld the original penalty of two suspension points and as such Botha will serve his suspension for round 10 of the Bupa Sheffield Shield.
The player has 48 hours from the conclusion of the hearing to lodge an appeal with CA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'