Burglary attempt at Lonwabo Tsotsobe`s house
Port Elizabeth: Local police foiled a burglary attempt at Lonwabo Tsotsobe`s house when they arrested two thieves and recovered goods worth R 50,000.
The two were caught within minutes of escaping with some of the cricketer`s personal goods.
The police recovered CDs, DVDs, a laptop and jewellery, captain Johann Neethling of the Swartkops Police said.
The incident took place on Wednesday night at the 24-year-old`s home in Lynn Street, Bluewater Bay.
Tsotsobe, who will play in the fourth one-dayer against India on Friday, was staying with his parents when the incident happened.
He asked a friend to keep an eye on his house on Thursday. The friend confirmed that there had been a "break-in" and that several items had been stolen.
Cricket South Africa (CSA) spokesperson Michael Owen-Smith said on behalf of the left-arm seamer that the police are handling the investigation.
"He wasn`t at home, nobody was hurt and the police recovered all the items and returned them to him," said Owen-Smith.
"The rest of the team is staying in the hotel, but the cricketers who live in the city are staying with their families. That is usually the rule," said Owen-Smith.
Neethling said the two suspects, aged 20 and 25, were apprehended shortly after the break-in.
"The men were hiding in a bush when we arrived at the scene. We found them and locked them up."
One of the men recently served a five-year prison sentence for rape.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’