Centurion Amla might miss second test
Cape Town: Hashim Amla, whose unbeaten century steadied South Africa`s innings on the opening day of the first test against Pakistan in Abu Dhabi on Monday, might miss the second test because of the imminent arrival of his second child.
Team manager Mohamed Mosajee said Amla, the world`s top test batsman, would return home after the conclusion of the first test on Friday for the birth.
Mosajee said Amla would attempt to return to Dubai for the second test, which starts on October 23, but his presence was not guaranteed.
Amla scored 118 not out, almost half of South Africa`s total of 245 for eight, on Monday. It was his 20th test century.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video