Centurion Amla might miss second test
Cape Town: Hashim Amla, whose unbeaten century steadied South Africa`s innings on the opening day of the first test against Pakistan in Abu Dhabi on Monday, might miss the second test because of the imminent arrival of his second child.
Team manager Mohamed Mosajee said Amla, the world`s top test batsman, would return home after the conclusion of the first test on Friday for the birth.
Mosajee said Amla would attempt to return to Dubai for the second test, which starts on October 23, but his presence was not guaranteed.
Amla scored 118 not out, almost half of South Africa`s total of 245 for eight, on Monday. It was his 20th test century.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- ISRO to test next reusable launch vehicle after studying data of May 23 flight
- Beware! Grilled food not good for health!
- WhatsApp leads messaging apps globally
- French Open 2016, Day 4: Andy Murray survives fresh five-set Paris battle
- Mercedes insist all cool after Spanish storm; Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg clear the air