CL Twenty20: Chennai Super Kings vs Yorkshire - As it happened...
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Updates by Suyash Srivastava
Follow Suyash Srivastava here on twitter: @Syu4u»
CSK innings: Brief Summary
Under Suresh Raina’s captaincy, the Chennai Super Kings have won their second match in a row after they defeated Mumbai Indians in a last-ball thriller in the previous game. Badrinath played another gem of an innings for his side (47 from 38). He has a significant role to play in their success in different leagues. Dhoni took a break from captaincy and even though he was a bit expensive in his second over that conceded 17 runs, he would be satisfied with the way his boys have performed in this match.
Over 19 || Score 141/6
MS Dhoni once again played the role of a finisher as he scored 31 runs off 23 balls and was bowled when CSK required just one run to win. Yorkshire would agree that they were short of 20-30 runs against a side that has a lot of depth in their batting line up. Chennai Super Kings win the match by 4 wickets.
Over 15 || Score 108/3
CSK have added 34 runs in the last five overs. They lost Raina’s wicket in the 12th over bowled by Hannon-Dalby after he skied a slower one to cover and was caught by Miller. Badrinath has played some elegant strokes and he is batting on 46 from 25 balls with Dhoni at the crease. CSK now need 33 runs from the last five overs. With 7 wickets in hand, this should be cakewalk for them, unless Yorkshire come up with a miracle.
Over 10 || Score 64/2
Badrinath and Suresh Raina have added 35 in the last five overs. They are not taking many chances and are mostly dealing in singles. CSK need another 77 runs from 60 balls and these two are making sure that they don’t lose any more wickets.
Over 5 || Score 29/2
Chennai Super Kings got off to a bad start as Faf du Plessis was dismissed by Patterson in the second over. Murali Vijay also tried to flick one high in the air on the leg side and was caught at deep midwicket. Stand-in skipper Suresh Raina is at the crease along with Subramaniam Badrinath.
Yorkshire innings: Brief summary
Yorkshire got off to a good start after the openers added 35 runs in the first five overs. But the tide turned in Chennai’s favour once Morkel struck off his first ball. The runs were hard to come but then Miller and Ballance added 78 runs for the fourth wicket. Ballance (58 from 38) hit five sixes in his innings and he has given his bowlers something substantial to defend. Bollinger and Hilfenhaus picked up two wickets each.
Over 20 || Score 140/6
Dhoni bowled another over and this time he conceded 17 runs from the over as Ballance smashed him for two sixes. Miller was dismissed by Bollinger in the 18th over that ended a 78-run partnership between him and Ballance. Ballance reached his fifty off just 32 balls as he pulled Hilfenhaus for a six over deep square leg. Ballance finally was run-out in the last over by Wridhhiman Saha, but he scored a brilliant innings (58 from 38) to help his side reach a competitive total. CSK need 141 runs to win the match.
Over 15 || Score 95/3
Yorkshire added 44 runs in that over. David Miler and Gary Ballance have hit hit some big strokes and so far they have added unbeaten 52 runs for the fourth wicket. The highlight of these five overs was the fifteenth over bowled by MS Dhoni. The skipper was inconsistent with his line and length, experimented with a few slower ones and conceded just seven runs off the over!
Over 10 || Score 51/3
Albei Morkel struck off the first ball of the sixth over as he dismissed Gale. Hilfenhaus dismissed Lyth (11 from 11) in the next over and Yorkshire who got off to a good start are now reeling at. The batsmen have added 16 runs in the last 5 overs.
Over 5 || Score 35/0
Yorkshire got off to a good start as they added 35 runs in the first five overs. Openers Andrew Gale and Adam Lyth played some excellent strokes and the Chennai Super Kings couldn’t create any opportunity of picking a wicket. Yorkshire skipper Gale has been the aggressive of the two batsmen as he is batting on 23 from 21 balls.
Dhoni has decided to take a break from captaincy and according to Suresh Raina, Dhoni might bowl an over or two!
Toss: CSK have won the toss and their stand-in skipper Suresh Raina has decided to bowl first.
Even though they are out of the contest, Chennai Super Kings would want the end the campaign on a high note as they lock horns with Yorshire in a ‘dead rubber’. Both the teams have had a forgettable tournament as they meet in their last match of Champions League Twenty20.
Chennai Super Kings squad:
MS Dhoni, R Ashwin, S Badrinath, DE Bollinger, F du Plessis, BW Hilfenhaus, MEK Hussey, RA Jadeja, SB Jakati, KMDN Kulasekara, VY Mahesh, JA Morkel, SK Raina, WP Saha, M Vijay
AW Gale, MA Ashraf, Azeem Rafiq, GS Ballance, OJ Hannon-Dalby, DM Hodgson, PA Jaques, A Lyth, DA Miller, SA Patterson, AU Rashid, JE Root, RJ Sidebottom, I Wardlaw, E Wilson
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- UP: Govt to distribute free sanitary napkins to all girls in school
- Delhi HC turns down plea challenging LG Jung's authority
- DNA: Blow to Kejriwal, Delhi High Court backs LG
- IIT Madras bans Dalit students forum for 'criticising' PM Modi
- DNA: Exploitation of migrant workers in Qatar
- Radioactive nuclear medicine leak detected at Delhi's IGI Airport
- IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani hits back, challenges Rahul Gandhi to a debate
- MHA notification: SC issues notice to Delhi govt
- Railways may hike AC class fares from June 1, 2015
- Protests outside IIT-Madras against ban on students' group
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 29, 2015
- Special: Heart-wrenching tales of elderly people in old age homes
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere
- Bihar board 12th Arts result to be declared today soon
- BSEB (biharboard.ac.in & biharboard.bih.nic.in): Bihar board 12th Arts result to be declared tomorrow on May 30
- Dangerous levels of toxins in Delhi's air as heat and dust intensify
- Maggi noodles controversy: Case to be filed against Nestle in UP today
- US formally removes Cuba from terror blacklist in landmark move
- Top 5 places to eat in Delhi University's campuses
- Arrival of Monsoon over Kerala delayed by 2-3 days: Met Department
- Govt committed to One Rank, One Pension: PM Narendra Modi
- Log on to ahsec.nic.in: AHSEC 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- If Congress was pro-poor, why does poverty still exist in India, asks PM Narendra Modi