Sangakkara meets SLC to sort out differences
Colombo: Senior batsman Kumar Sangakkara and officials of Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) met on Monday to sort out their differences arousing after the board questioned his loyalty towards the country while playing in the upcoming Champions League T20.
"We had a very fruitful meeting and decided to move ahead having sort out the problems of last week," Sangakkara said.
Sangakkara, under directions from SLC, opted to leave the IPL franchise Hyderabad Sunrisers in preference to local his Kandurata club.
The player and the SLC were involved in an exchange of emails where the former captain had accused the SLC Secretary Nishantha Ranatunga of pursuing a personal agenda against him.
Ranatunga defended his action citing collective responsibility of the executive committee based on legal advise while the SLC boss Jayantha Dharmadasa told Sangakkara that his comments on Ranatunga were unacceptable.
Sangakkara had accused the SLC of jeopardising his IPL future and reminded the board of heavy financial loss due to ditching the Sunrisers.
Monday`s meeting was sequel to Dharmadasa expressing his willingness to meet Sangakkara to discuss the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi