Cheema submits WT20 report, no mention of rift between players
Lahore: Pakistan team manager, Naved Cheema has submitted his report on the performance of the national team in the recently-concluded ICC World Twenty20 but made no mention of rift between senior players over selection issues.
"Against expectations, Cheema has given a positive report on the team affairs and his report was discused at a meeting of the PCB executive coordination committee. He has highlighted some weak areas of the team but mentioned no incidents of indiscipline in his report," a well-informed source in the PCB told PTI.
The source said the board is awaiting a report from coach Dav Whatmore.
The speculations were rife in the media about possible rift in the team and some players being unhappy with the atitude of T20 captain Mohammad Hafeez. The talks gained more momentum when all-rounder Abdul Razzaq accused Hafeez of deliberately not selecting him in the World Twenty20 semifinal though the team management wanted him to be included.
The matter was cleared up this week when Razzaq was fined Rs one lakh for his outburst and reprimanded by the PCB for breaching the players code of conduct.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened