Chittagong asks residents to paint for the World Cup
Dhaka: Residents of the Bangladesh port city of Chittagong have been asked to give their homes and shops a new lick of paint to make a bright, colourful impression on cricket World Cup visitors.
Gearing up to host two group and a warm-up match, the Chittagong City Corporation has asked for fresh painting of the houses and shops along the main roads from the airport to the city centre.
"We need your cooperation to present the beauty of the city to players, officials and other dignitaries, who will visit us during the World Cup," the corporation said in a newspaper advertisement on Saturday.
Bangladesh will host England in a Mar 11 Group B match at the Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium and return to take on the Netherlands at the same venue three days later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof