Chittagong asks residents to paint for the World Cup
Dhaka: Residents of the Bangladesh port city of Chittagong have been asked to give their homes and shops a new lick of paint to make a bright, colourful impression on cricket World Cup visitors.
Gearing up to host two group and a warm-up match, the Chittagong City Corporation has asked for fresh painting of the houses and shops along the main roads from the airport to the city centre.
"We need your cooperation to present the beauty of the city to players, officials and other dignitaries, who will visit us during the World Cup," the corporation said in a newspaper advertisement on Saturday.
Bangladesh will host England in a Mar 11 Group B match at the Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium and return to take on the Netherlands at the same venue three days later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet