Chittagong asks residents to paint for the World Cup
Dhaka: Residents of the Bangladesh port city of Chittagong have been asked to give their homes and shops a new lick of paint to make a bright, colourful impression on cricket World Cup visitors.
Gearing up to host two group and a warm-up match, the Chittagong City Corporation has asked for fresh painting of the houses and shops along the main roads from the airport to the city centre.
"We need your cooperation to present the beauty of the city to players, officials and other dignitaries, who will visit us during the World Cup," the corporation said in a newspaper advertisement on Saturday.
Bangladesh will host England in a Mar 11 Group B match at the Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium and return to take on the Netherlands at the same venue three days later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Pandal Politics: Shiv Sena slams Bombay High Court's order- Part 2
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes