Chopra comes in place of Sanju in Unmukt-led U-19 team for WC
New Delhi: Delhi`s Unmukt Chand was on Tuesday selected as captain of the India cricket team, which would compete in the ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup in Australia next month.
The All India Junior Selection Committee met here today and picked a 15-member squad, which has only change as Prashant Chopra made his way back to the squad after missing out on the recent Junior Asia Cup.
The selectors left out wicket-keeper Sanju Samson Vishwanath from the squad, which was joint winner along with Pakistan in the Asia Cup.
Sqaud: Unmukt Chand (Captain), Akshdeep Nath (Vice Captain), Manan Vohra, Akhil Herwadkar, Vijay Zol, Sandipan Das, B. Aparajith, Prashant Chopra, Sandeep Sharma, Kamal Passi, Rush Kalaria, Mohsin Sayyed, Smit Patel (wk), Harmeet Singh and Vikas Mishra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation