Clarke clears fitness test ahead of third Test against Sri Lanka
Sydney: Australian captain Michael Clarke appeared on track to play in the third Test against Sri Lanka in Sydney after completing a lengthy fitness test at the SCG on Tuesday.
Usman Khawaja has, however, been put on standby in case Clarke’s hamstring problem rules him out of the match, which is beginning on Thursday.
Clarke came out unscathed after he was put through his paces by team physio Alex Kountouris, combined with running and walking exercises for nearly half an hour, the Sydney Morning Herald reports.
The skipper was troubled by the hamstring issue before the second Test in Melbourne last week, but pulled through to make a century.
However, by all indications Clarke will play at the SCG in veteran Michael Hussey’s last match in the baggy green.
Meanwhile, No.3 batsman Phil Hughes said the Test for him was more about cementing his place in the Australian team than reflecting on being back at his former home ground, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!