Clarke clears fitness test ahead of third Test against Sri Lanka
Sydney: Australian captain Michael Clarke appeared on track to play in the third Test against Sri Lanka in Sydney after completing a lengthy fitness test at the SCG on Tuesday.
Usman Khawaja has, however, been put on standby in case Clarke’s hamstring problem rules him out of the match, which is beginning on Thursday.
Clarke came out unscathed after he was put through his paces by team physio Alex Kountouris, combined with running and walking exercises for nearly half an hour, the Sydney Morning Herald reports.
The skipper was troubled by the hamstring issue before the second Test in Melbourne last week, but pulled through to make a century.
However, by all indications Clarke will play at the SCG in veteran Michael Hussey’s last match in the baggy green.
Meanwhile, No.3 batsman Phil Hughes said the Test for him was more about cementing his place in the Australian team than reflecting on being back at his former home ground, the report added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists