Clarke`s `sparkling` ton against Worcestershire boosts Oz `ideal` Ashes preparations
London: A sparkling century hit by Australian captain Michael Clarke in his side`s penultimate day of their final Ashes warm-up game against Worcestershire have completed an ideal preparation for the Ashes for the side.
Clarke smashed 124 from 98 balls as Australia dominated the match, adding 38 to their overnight score before being bowled out for 284.
Also, Clarke added 132 with good performances from Phillip Hughes (86), and 115 with Steven Smith (43) after the team, leading by 112, lost Chris Rogers and Ed Cowan.
The report further said that Clarke, who eventually perished when he was caught at third man, and his men had taken advantage of a flat pitch and a gentle bowling attack earlier in the game to enjoy their final batting practice before the Test series began, scoring at quicker than a run a ball.
Meanwhile, England opener Nick Compton , who was loaned to Worcestershire for this game, was dropped for England`s warm-up game at Essex, indicating that he will be left out of their squad for next week`s first Ashes Test at Trent Bridge when it is named on Saturday, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble