Clarke says Queensland star Forrest has Test potential
Perth: Australian captain Michael Clarke has anointed likely one-day debutant Peter Forrest as a future Test player.
Forrest is poised to make his international debut for Australia in tomorrow’s one-day clash with India in Perth, but Clarke is already talking up the in-form Queenslander’s chances in the longer format of the game.
The 26-year-old right-hander has plundered 581 runs at 58.1 in six Sheffield Shield matches this season after making the move north from New South Wales at the start of the summer.
The Herald Sun quoted Clarke, as saying of Forrest: “I think he`s a very gifted player, he`s a good fielder and very good player, not just in one-day cricket, but I think he`s got the potential to play Test cricket as well in the future.”
Clarke added: “He`s got a very good technique, he`s a very good top-order batsman and I think he can play a big part in Australian cricket going forward. It`s good that Foz is around the group. It gives him a great opportunity to see what it`s like around the Australian changerooms and how we go about our work in training and things like that.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday