‘Confident’ Lyon unfazed by critics
Sydney: Australia off spinner Nathan Lyon has claimed he is not fazed by critics’ negative views about him, and added that he enjoys the support of the dressing room including captain Michael Clarke and coach Mickey Arthur.
Lyon failed to take a second innings wicket in Australia`s win over Sri Lanka in Hobart and world record holding spinner Muthiah Muralidaran has questioned his ability to take wickets on a turning pitch, News.com.au reports.
Former Test spinner Stuart MacGill also questioned his technique, accusing Lyon of bowling too fast. Lyon blasted his critics, saying it is easy to sit at home and make comments on other players.
The off-spinner said every critic is entitled to have an opinion and he is not affected by their negative views about him, adding that he is confident of his own skill set.
Lyon added that the Hobart pitch was favouring fast bowlers and he expected the Melbourne and Sydney pitches to have something more for the spin bowlers.
Lyon also said that all he is worried about is team’s performance and wants to keep contributing to help the team achieve success on a consistent basis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest