Cricket South Africa salutes Hashim Amla
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Cricket South Africa on Sunday praised Hashim Amla for his historic feat of becoming the first ever Proteas batsman to score a triple century in Tests.
Terming Amla as a wonderful role model for the youth, CSA expressed happiness at having achieved one thing that was missing from their batting’s top order’s CV.
“This has been a sensational performance by our top order,” commented CSA Acting CEO Jacques Faul, “but Hashim has to be singled out for first breaking AB de Villiers’ record of 278 not out and then going on to join the 300 club. The Proteas have produced outstanding batting performances over the years but an innings of 300 has been the one thing missing from the top order’s CV and it is wonderful that Hashim has put that to rest,” CSA said in a media release.
“Hashim’s contribution to South African cricket has gone far beyond the runs he has put on the scoreboard. He remains a wonderful role model to our youth with the humility and dignity he displays on the field, his totally professional and focused approach on the field and the manner in which he conducts himself both on and off the field.”
“To round it off we have had our captain, Graeme Smith, scoring a century on his 100th Test match appearance and our acknowledged batting champion, Jacques Kallis, making his 43th Test match century. Hashim and Jacques have also equalled the performance of Graeme and Herschelle Gibbs in sharing three treble century stands.”
On his way to triple ton, Amla also broke AB de Villiers record of being South Africa’s highest Test scorer by surpassing the record of 278 not out scoring 311* (529b, 4X35) against England at The Oval on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed