Cricketer Rahul Sharma charged under narcotics act
Mumbai: The Special NDPS court on Monday gave a copy of the charge sheet filed in a 'rave party' case to the accused, including IPL cricketer Rahul Sharma and actor couple Apoorva Agnihotri and Shilpa Agnihotri.
Mumbai Police had on March 6 filed the charge sheet in the case after which the court had summoned all the accused.
South African cricketer Wayne Parnell had been showed as a wanted accused in the charge sheet.
Sharma and the actor couple, along with others, had been rounded up after a raid on a suburban hotel.
The police had conducted a raid in May last year on a party at the hotel in suburban Juhu, where drugs were allegedly being consumed, and rounded up around 86 persons.
Police had filed a 1,200-page charge sheet against 86 persons while 35 accused, mostly foreigners, were shown as wanted, a police official had earlier said. The wanted accused include foreigners, who left the country after the medical examination.
The charge sheet named Vishay Handa, the Director of the hotel, DJs Deepesh Sharma and Rakesh Sharma, Agnihotris, and Sharma, among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Katrina Kaif’s views on ‘intolerance’ in the country - Here's what the actress said
- Irfan Pathan marries 21-year-old Safa Baig in low-key affair