Daredevils come out in support of Sehwag
New Delhi: At a time when a majority of the sports fraternity is gunning for Virender Sehwag`s head, his Indian Premier League franchise Delhi Daredevils have come out in support of the player.
Speaking at the launch of Daredevils `Superfans` here, the team`s mentor T.A. Sekar said: "Everybody goes through a bad patch, he will come back to India and score. He is a seasoned campaigner and I am sure he will do well in the upcoming matches. Viru is an uninhibited player, who sees the ball and hits."
Sehwag has been in woeful form in Australia. He has scored 35 runs in four matches at an average of 8.75 in the ongoing ODI tri-series involving Australia and Sri Lanka. In the Test matches against Australia, where the dashing opener played every game, he scored 198 runs in four matches averaging 24.75.
Delhi Daredevils, who finished last in IPL last year, have made some key changes to their team. They bought Sri Lankan captain Mahela Jayawardene and West Indian all-rounder Andre Russel in the IPL auction and also traded Englishman Kevin Pietersen from the Royal Challengers Bangalore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC