Daredevils come out in support of Sehwag
New Delhi: At a time when a majority of the sports fraternity is gunning for Virender Sehwag`s head, his Indian Premier League franchise Delhi Daredevils have come out in support of the player.
Speaking at the launch of Daredevils `Superfans` here, the team`s mentor T.A. Sekar said: "Everybody goes through a bad patch, he will come back to India and score. He is a seasoned campaigner and I am sure he will do well in the upcoming matches. Viru is an uninhibited player, who sees the ball and hits."
Sehwag has been in woeful form in Australia. He has scored 35 runs in four matches at an average of 8.75 in the ongoing ODI tri-series involving Australia and Sri Lanka. In the Test matches against Australia, where the dashing opener played every game, he scored 198 runs in four matches averaging 24.75.
Delhi Daredevils, who finished last in IPL last year, have made some key changes to their team. They bought Sri Lankan captain Mahela Jayawardene and West Indian all-rounder Andre Russel in the IPL auction and also traded Englishman Kevin Pietersen from the Royal Challengers Bangalore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- LIVE: Donald Trump takes charge as 45th President of US; Barack Obama thanks supporters