David Hussey`s career on the ropes after exclusion from CA contract list
Sydney: Australian cricketer David Hussey’s international career looks uncertain after he was left off Cricket Australia`s (CA) contracted player list for the 2013-14 season.
Hinting that Hussey has been left out from the list as the CA is focusing on keeping young players ahead of the 2015 one-day World Cup, national selector John Inverarity said that the board is looking towards grooming and giving experience to those young players whom they think will come through.
Inverarity further said that Australian cricket is very much in a transitional stage.
The 35-year-old has played 69 one-dayers and 39 Twenty20s for Australia, and held out a slight hope of making the Test squad for the looming back-to-back Ashes series, which were dashed after he was left out off the list.
Paceman Jackson Bird, all-rounder Moises Henriques, Usman Khawaja and Steve Smith also missed out on contracts, but they remain in the mix for Ashes and one-day selection, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back