Delay in picking team will affect Pak`s T20 WC chances: Afridi
Lahore: Pakistan`s flamboyant all-rounder Shahid Afridi wants the national selectors to announce the squad for the Twenty20 World Cup as soon as possible as he believes any delay will be detrimental to the team`s chances at the mega-event.
Pakistan, which qualified for the final of the inaugural World Cup and won it in 2009, recently named a new captain for the format -- replacing Misbah-ul-Haq with Mohammad Hafeez.
Afridi told `Geo News` in Colombo that this was the right time to finalise the World Cup squad.
"It will allow the players to mentally prepare themselves for the challenge and plan ahead. I think any more delay will affect our preparations," he added.
Afridi also said Hafeez will improve and learn the art of captaincy with time.
"Every new captain goes through a learning process. Hafeez also has to go through it and learn. I also was able to give my best as captain after going through a phase. Every captain becomes successful after learning with time," he explained.
Afridi also insisted that he had no issues with playing under the either Hafeez or Misbah-ul-Haq as he got along well with them.
"They are very supportive. They don`t hesitate to discuss things and I have no issues with them at all," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers