Doherty spins Hobart to victory in Big Bash League
Adelaide: Left-arm spinner Xavier Doherty starred with the ball in Hobart Hurricanes`s 14-run win over Adelaide Strikers in the Twenty20 Big Bash League here Wednesday.
Travis Birt`s whirlwind 44 off 26 balls and Owais Shah`s unbeaten 36 off 18 catapulted the Hurricanes to 171 after they elected to bat.
Michael Klinger and Aiden Blizzard gave Adelaide a solid start but Doherty (4/17) turned the game on its head with a brilliant spell. Tom Cooper`s gallant innings of 43 off 27 balls gave the Strikers a chance. However, regular loss of wickets meant that the home team were restricted to 157/8.
With the win, the Hurricanes moved to the top of the table.
Hobart Hurricanes 171/4 in 20 overs (Travis Birt 44, Phil Jaques 41; Johan Botha 2-28) vs. Adelaide Strikers 157/8 in 20 overs (Tom Cooper not out 43, Michael Klinger 36; Xavier Doherty 4-17, Naved-ul-Hasan 2-37)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday