Doherty spins Hobart to victory in Big Bash League
Adelaide: Left-arm spinner Xavier Doherty starred with the ball in Hobart Hurricanes`s 14-run win over Adelaide Strikers in the Twenty20 Big Bash League here Wednesday.
Travis Birt`s whirlwind 44 off 26 balls and Owais Shah`s unbeaten 36 off 18 catapulted the Hurricanes to 171 after they elected to bat.
Michael Klinger and Aiden Blizzard gave Adelaide a solid start but Doherty (4/17) turned the game on its head with a brilliant spell. Tom Cooper`s gallant innings of 43 off 27 balls gave the Strikers a chance. However, regular loss of wickets meant that the home team were restricted to 157/8.
With the win, the Hurricanes moved to the top of the table.
Hobart Hurricanes 171/4 in 20 overs (Travis Birt 44, Phil Jaques 41; Johan Botha 2-28) vs. Adelaide Strikers 157/8 in 20 overs (Tom Cooper not out 43, Michael Klinger 36; Xavier Doherty 4-17, Naved-ul-Hasan 2-37)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why would I hug Arvind Kejriwal forcibly, is he a 'heroine'? asks Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Rahul Gandhi says 'happy to be targeted' as AgustaWestland deal continues to haunt Congress
- GOING VIRAL: Have you seen this 'love story' ad on PM Narendra Modi's ambitious 'Swachh Bharat' campaign? WATCH
- Transit of Mercury, May 9, 2016: Where, when and how to watch in India!
- Hrithik Roshan shares video where Katrina Kaif is singing! Watch it now