Gandhi`s 162 leads TNCA President`s XI to 369/7 vs Orissa
Chennai: Opener Koushik Gandhi hit a monumental 162 to help TNCA President`s XI post a challenging 369 for seven on the opening day of their preliminary league match against Orissa in the All India Buchi Babu cricket tournament on Sunday.
Gandhi made Orissa bowlers toil hard as he struck one six and 16 fours in his 262-ball stay at the crease. He also put on two century stands -- 111 runs for the second wicket with Vijay Sharkar (59,5x4,1x6) and 103 for the fifth wicket with K Shrivasudevadas (55,7x4,1x6).
For Orissa, left-arm spinner Jayanta Behera claimed 3 for 90 while Dhiraj Rajsingh took 2 for 134.
In Group A, Maharashtra`s Chirag Khurana came up with a fine 91 (172,6x4,1x6) to help his side score 303 all out in 89.1 overs against Himachal Pradesh. Khurana was also involved in a 111-run partnership with Sangram Attikar (35) for the third wicket.
Later, Prayag Bhaati (69) and Ankit Bawne (64) added 87 runs for the fifth wicket in 20.3 overs.
Himachal pacers Mohinder Sharma, Jitendra Mehta and Abhinav Bali took two wickets apiece.
In Group D, Gokul Sharma struck a defiant 93 as Assam posted a respectable total of 297 all out against Madhya Pradesh on the first day. The opener struck one six and seven fours in his 110-ball stay at the crease.
In another Group-D encounter, opting to bat first, Gujarat bundled out for 221 in 69.4 overs against Tamil Nadu.
In reply, Tamil Nadu were 66 for two in 24 overs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- Mulayam, Akhilesh scared of me; not allowing Muslim leaders in SP to speak up, alleges Asaduddin Owaisi