Injured Agarkar to miss Irani tie
Mumbai: Newly-crowned Ranji Trophy champions Mumbai will be without their captain Ajit Agarkar for the Irani Cup tie against the Rest of India because of a groin injury.
"Agarkar has been ruled out of the match because of a groin injury, which he picked up during the final. The team will be led by Abhishek Nayar, but there won`t be any replacement for Ajit," said Mumbai Cricket Association`s joint secretary Nitin Dalal.
The Irani Cup will commence at the Wankhede Stadium on February 6.
Agarkar bowled an inspired spell, along with junior pace partner Dhawal Kulkarni, in the second innings of Saurashtra in the Ranji Trophy final at the Wankhede Stadium on January 28 to power Mumbai to their 40th crown.
Rest of India will be led by Virender Sehwag.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof