Injured Agarkar to miss Irani tie
Mumbai: Newly-crowned Ranji Trophy champions Mumbai will be without their captain Ajit Agarkar for the Irani Cup tie against the Rest of India because of a groin injury.
"Agarkar has been ruled out of the match because of a groin injury, which he picked up during the final. The team will be led by Abhishek Nayar, but there won`t be any replacement for Ajit," said Mumbai Cricket Association`s joint secretary Nitin Dalal.
The Irani Cup will commence at the Wankhede Stadium on February 6.
Agarkar bowled an inspired spell, along with junior pace partner Dhawal Kulkarni, in the second innings of Saurashtra in the Ranji Trophy final at the Wankhede Stadium on January 28 to power Mumbai to their 40th crown.
Rest of India will be led by Virender Sehwag.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'