Assam grab three points against Andhra Pradesh in Ranji Trophy
Anantapur: Andhra Pradesh produced a strong batting display in their second essay on the final day but Assam walked away with three points due to their first innings lead in the drawn Group C Ranji Trophy match here today.
In reply to Assam`s first innings total of 432, Andra, who scored 297 in their first essay, reached 176 for one, courtesy to the opening partnership of 146 between Prasanth and Bharat at Rural Development Trust Stadium here.
Prasanth Kumar (73) and Srikar Bharat (90) came up with twin half-centuries after Assam added 80 runs to their overnight score of 352 in their first innings.
Prasanth and MUB Sriram (8) were at the crease when the stumps were drawn for last time.
Andhra: 297 and 176/1 in 50 overs (DB Prasanth 73, S Bharat 90; J Syed Mohammad 1/31).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL