BCCI need to take initiatives to make Tests popular: Raina
New Delhi: Limited overs specialist Suresh Raina today urged the BCCI to play a more proactive role in promoting Test cricket, which rarely attracts crowd these days.
He said the administrators of the game will have to find out innovative ways to make Test cricket more viewer-friendly and exciting.
"Twenty20 is a form of entertainment, you go there to enjoy yourself. I feel the BCCI will have to take initiatives to make Test cricket more interesting," Raina said at `Agenda`, a conclave organised by Hindi news channel Aaj Tak here.
Asked about the pressure on Sachin Tendulkar to quit the game in the wake of former Australia captain Ricky Ponting`s retirement earlier this week, Raina said the decision should left to the champion batsman.
"He (Sachin) is a great source of inspiration for us in the dressing room. His presence gives us energy. Soon, he will be the only player to play 200 Tests in the history of the game. The decision to retire or not is totally upto him," the left-handed batsman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...