BCCI need to take initiatives to make Tests popular: Raina
New Delhi: Limited overs specialist Suresh Raina today urged the BCCI to play a more proactive role in promoting Test cricket, which rarely attracts crowd these days.
He said the administrators of the game will have to find out innovative ways to make Test cricket more viewer-friendly and exciting.
"Twenty20 is a form of entertainment, you go there to enjoy yourself. I feel the BCCI will have to take initiatives to make Test cricket more interesting," Raina said at `Agenda`, a conclave organised by Hindi news channel Aaj Tak here.
Asked about the pressure on Sachin Tendulkar to quit the game in the wake of former Australia captain Ricky Ponting`s retirement earlier this week, Raina said the decision should left to the champion batsman.
"He (Sachin) is a great source of inspiration for us in the dressing room. His presence gives us energy. Soon, he will be the only player to play 200 Tests in the history of the game. The decision to retire or not is totally upto him," the left-handed batsman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?