BCCI need to take initiatives to make Tests popular: Raina
New Delhi: Limited overs specialist Suresh Raina today urged the BCCI to play a more proactive role in promoting Test cricket, which rarely attracts crowd these days.
He said the administrators of the game will have to find out innovative ways to make Test cricket more viewer-friendly and exciting.
"Twenty20 is a form of entertainment, you go there to enjoy yourself. I feel the BCCI will have to take initiatives to make Test cricket more interesting," Raina said at `Agenda`, a conclave organised by Hindi news channel Aaj Tak here.
Asked about the pressure on Sachin Tendulkar to quit the game in the wake of former Australia captain Ricky Ponting`s retirement earlier this week, Raina said the decision should left to the champion batsman.
"He (Sachin) is a great source of inspiration for us in the dressing room. His presence gives us energy. Soon, he will be the only player to play 200 Tests in the history of the game. The decision to retire or not is totally upto him," the left-handed batsman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials