Cash bonanza for Ranji Trophy winners Mumbai
Mumbai: The triumphant Mumbai Ranji Trophy squad, which lifted the coveted title for a phenomenal 40th time by whipping Saurashtra by an innings and 125 runs in the final here today, will be rewarded with a cash prize of Rs 3 crore by their parent association, MCA.
"The champion team will be awarded Rs 3 crore by the Mumbai Cricket Association in appreciation of their achievement. It is in addition to the prize money of Rs 2 crore it will get from the Board (BCCI)," said MCA Joint Secretary Nitin Dalal.
The Ranji Trophy winners would be honoured by MCA at a special function here on February 5 on the eve of their five-day Irani Cup clash against the Rest of India at the Wankhede Stadium, Dalal said.
The Ajit Agarkar-led team were crowned champions of the premier domestic competition after a gap of two seasons after crushing Saurashtra within three days in the summit clash at Wankhede Stadium.
Meanwhile, MCA`s under 16 squad has lifted the Vijay Merchant Trophy national title by defeating Delhi on their home ground and each member of the team will be rewarded with a cash prize of Rs 50,000, said MCA`s other Joint Secretary P V Shetty.
The other age group winners of the MCA as well as its senior women`s team, which have won titles, would also be felicitated on February 5, according to Dalal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- Grand Alliance set to win Bihar election: Survey