Cash bonanza for Ranji Trophy winners Mumbai
Mumbai: The triumphant Mumbai Ranji Trophy squad, which lifted the coveted title for a phenomenal 40th time by whipping Saurashtra by an innings and 125 runs in the final here today, will be rewarded with a cash prize of Rs 3 crore by their parent association, MCA.
"The champion team will be awarded Rs 3 crore by the Mumbai Cricket Association in appreciation of their achievement. It is in addition to the prize money of Rs 2 crore it will get from the Board (BCCI)," said MCA Joint Secretary Nitin Dalal.
The Ranji Trophy winners would be honoured by MCA at a special function here on February 5 on the eve of their five-day Irani Cup clash against the Rest of India at the Wankhede Stadium, Dalal said.
The Ajit Agarkar-led team were crowned champions of the premier domestic competition after a gap of two seasons after crushing Saurashtra within three days in the summit clash at Wankhede Stadium.
Meanwhile, MCA`s under 16 squad has lifted the Vijay Merchant Trophy national title by defeating Delhi on their home ground and each member of the team will be rewarded with a cash prize of Rs 50,000, said MCA`s other Joint Secretary P V Shetty.
The other age group winners of the MCA as well as its senior women`s team, which have won titles, would also be felicitated on February 5, according to Dalal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'