Goa-Kerala match ends in draw; Goa pocket three points
Malappuram: Having conceded the first innings lead, Kerala had to be contend with just one point against Goa in their Group C Ranji Trophy match that ended in a dull draw on the fourth and final day here on Tuesday.
After scoring a massive 512 for eight declared in their first essay, Goa bundled out Kerala for a mere 297 and then enforced a follow-on on the hosts.
While following on, Kerala ended their second innings at 120 for four when the stumps were drawn at the close of the fourth day`s play.
Goa have pocketed three points from this game.
Kerala had a little chance of overtaking their opponents` mammoth first innings total but they could have saved the follow on when they resumed the day today on 248 for six with 114 more runs still needed to avoid the follow on.
The two overnight batsmen -- Rohan Prem, starting at 49 and Akshay Kodoth, resuming on 19 -- tried to hold on to their respective wickets for a while but the latter departed for 31 and that trigger the collapse.
Rohan, however, fought a lone battle at the other end to remain unbeaten on 77.
Following on, Robert Fernandez (52 not out) and VA Jagadeesh (42) chipped in with important runs to ensure a tame draw in the end.
Goa 512/8 decl.
Kerala: 297 (Abhishek Hegde 80, Rohan Prem 77 not out; Saurabh Bhandekar 4/87, Sher Yadav 3/35) & 120 for 4 in 61 overs (VA Jagadeesh 40, Robert Fernandez batting 52; Sher Yadav 2/26).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister