Goa-Kerala match ends in draw; Goa pocket three points
Malappuram: Having conceded the first innings lead, Kerala had to be contend with just one point against Goa in their Group C Ranji Trophy match that ended in a dull draw on the fourth and final day here on Tuesday.
After scoring a massive 512 for eight declared in their first essay, Goa bundled out Kerala for a mere 297 and then enforced a follow-on on the hosts.
While following on, Kerala ended their second innings at 120 for four when the stumps were drawn at the close of the fourth day`s play.
Goa have pocketed three points from this game.
Kerala had a little chance of overtaking their opponents` mammoth first innings total but they could have saved the follow on when they resumed the day today on 248 for six with 114 more runs still needed to avoid the follow on.
The two overnight batsmen -- Rohan Prem, starting at 49 and Akshay Kodoth, resuming on 19 -- tried to hold on to their respective wickets for a while but the latter departed for 31 and that trigger the collapse.
Rohan, however, fought a lone battle at the other end to remain unbeaten on 77.
Following on, Robert Fernandez (52 not out) and VA Jagadeesh (42) chipped in with important runs to ensure a tame draw in the end.
Goa 512/8 decl.
Kerala: 297 (Abhishek Hegde 80, Rohan Prem 77 not out; Saurabh Bhandekar 4/87, Sher Yadav 3/35) & 120 for 4 in 61 overs (VA Jagadeesh 40, Robert Fernandez batting 52; Sher Yadav 2/26).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!