Haryana bundle out UP for 227
Lucknow: Mohit Sharma took five for 47 to help Haryana bundle out hosts Uttar Pradesh for a meagre 227 and then themselves reach 32 for one at the end of the opening day`s play in their Ranji Trophy Group B match here on Saturday.
After putting UP in to bat, Haryana bowlers wrecked havoc as they dismissed the hosts for less than 230 runs on the board.
Arish Alam top scored with 52, while Suresh Raina (49), Mukul Dagar (38) and Parvinder Singh (32) chipped in with important runs for UP.
But wickets at regular interval did not help the hosts` cause at all.
While Mohit ended with a five-wicket haul, Harshal Patel (2/42) claimed two wickets.
In reply to UP`s modest first innings total, the visitors lost opener Abhimanyu Khod (8) early, but thereafter Rahul Dewan and Sunny Singh made sure that they do not lose any more wickets on the day.
At stumps, Rahul was unbeaten on 13, while Sunny was not out on 10.
UP: 227 all out in 73 overs (Arish Alam 52, Suresh Raina 49, Mukul Dagar 38; Mohit Sharma 5/47).
Haryana: 32 for one in 9 overs (Rahul Dewan batting 13; Ankit Rajpoot 1/15).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy