Ian Dev Singh carries his bat through, Shahid stars for Kerala
Malappuram (Kerala): Captain Ian Dev Singh led from the front with an unbeaten 117 before Kerala left-arm pacer Chovvakkaran Shahid scalped eight wickets to bowl out Jammu and Kashmir for 215 in their first innings on the opening day of their Ranji Trophy Group C match here on Saturday.
Singh was the lone bright spot in an otherwise dismal batting performance by the visitors.
Singh carried his bat through and struck 11 fours and two sixes during his 240-ball knock, but eventually ran out of partners.
Apart from Singh, only three other J&K batsmen -- Manik Gupta (22), Bandeep Singh (12) and wicket-keeper Obaid Haroon (11) -- made double digit scores.
Shahid emerged as the star performer for Kerala dismissing eight J&K batsmen conceding just 51 runs, his best career figures so far.
Jammu and Kashmir 1st innings: 215 all out in 86.1 overs (Ian Dev Singh 117 not out, Chovvakkaran Shahid 8/51).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends