Laxman hits unbeaten 70 in Hyderabad`s 159/2 against MP
Hyderabad: VVS Laxman led from the front with a fine unbeaten 70 as Hyderabad recovered from disastrous start to reach 159 for two on the opening day of their Ranji Trophy Group A match against Madhya Pradesh here on Friday.
Hyderabad ended the day at 159 for two as only 54 overs could be bowled due to bad light after Hyderabad opted to bat Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium at Uppal.
Laxman and Hanuma Vihari were batting on 70 and 76 respectively, having shared 137 runs for the unbroken third wicket after Hyderabad were reduced to 22 for two in just 10 overs.
The home side lost openers Akshath Reddy and Ravi Teja at identical individual scores of two each.
Teja was the first to go in the third over of the bowling of Ishwar Pandey while Reddy departed in the 10th over of the bowling of Anand Rajan.
Laxman, who had retired recently from international cricket, struck eight fours and a six from the 119-balls he has faced so far. Vihari was much more sedate than Laxman as he consumed 176 deliveries for his 76 not out. He has hit seven fours so far in his knock.
Hyderabad 1st Innings: 159 for 2 in 54 overs (VVS Laxman batting 70, Hanuma Vihari batting 76; Anand Rajan 1/23).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez