Laxman hits unbeaten 70 in Hyderabad`s 159/2 against MP
Hyderabad: VVS Laxman led from the front with a fine unbeaten 70 as Hyderabad recovered from disastrous start to reach 159 for two on the opening day of their Ranji Trophy Group A match against Madhya Pradesh here on Friday.
Hyderabad ended the day at 159 for two as only 54 overs could be bowled due to bad light after Hyderabad opted to bat Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium at Uppal.
Laxman and Hanuma Vihari were batting on 70 and 76 respectively, having shared 137 runs for the unbroken third wicket after Hyderabad were reduced to 22 for two in just 10 overs.
The home side lost openers Akshath Reddy and Ravi Teja at identical individual scores of two each.
Teja was the first to go in the third over of the bowling of Ishwar Pandey while Reddy departed in the 10th over of the bowling of Anand Rajan.
Laxman, who had retired recently from international cricket, struck eight fours and a six from the 119-balls he has faced so far. Vihari was much more sedate than Laxman as he consumed 176 deliveries for his 76 not out. He has hit seven fours so far in his knock.
Hyderabad 1st Innings: 159 for 2 in 54 overs (VVS Laxman batting 70, Hanuma Vihari batting 76; Anand Rajan 1/23).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what