Punjab on top as Railways finish Day 1 on 193/7
Bhubaneswar: Pace trio of Manpreet Gony, Sandeep Sharma and Siddarth Kaul shared six wickets between them as Punjab restricted Railways to 193 for seven in their first innings at stumps on the opening day of their Ranji Trophy Group A match here on Saturday.
Gony (2/20), Sandeep (2/32) and Kaul (2/62) scalped two wickets apiece while left-arm spinner Bipul Sharma (1/15) accounted for the other Railways batsman on the first day of the encounter which produced only 74 overs.
Sent into bat, Railways lost both their openers -- Amit Paunikar and V Cheluvaraj -- with the scoreboard reading just 16.
Nitin Bhille (41) and skipper Sanjay Bangar somewhat resurrected Railways innings with a 48-run third wicket stand before the batting side lost three quick wickets.
PM Madkaikar (30) and Ashish Yadav (34) then shared 52-runs for the sixth wicket before two more quick wickets rocked Railways` ship.
At stumps, leg-spinner Murali Kartik was batting 21 while Krishnakant Upadhyay was not out on 32 as the duo added vital 54 runs for the eight wicket.
Railways: 193 for seven in 74 overs (Nitin Bhille 41, Ashish Yadav 34; Manpreet Gony 2/20).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal