Ranji Trophy 2012-13: Odisha register first ever win against Karnataka; gain six points
Bangalore: Odisha bowlers came up with a superb performance to steer their team to second win in a row and pocket six points by crushing Karnataka by 65 runs in their Group B Ranji Trophy match here today.
With this victory, Odisha are now placed on top of Group B table with 13 points.
Chasing a victory target of 245, Karnataka`s batting collapsed yet again as they lost their last six wickets for just 33 runs to be bundled out for a meagre 179 in the second innings shortly before tea.
Resuming at 43 for one, the hosts needed another 202 runs for win with nine wickets in hand, but the Karnataka batsmen failed to apply themselves, even as the visiting team bowlers wreaked havoc.
Alok Sahoo was the pick of the bowlers with figures of three for 27 in the second innings, while Biplab Samnatray (2/28), Basant Mohanty (2/31) and Deepak Behera (2/38) shared six wickets between them to drub Karnataka at their own backyard.
Robin Uthappa, overnight 25, and Ganesh Satish, starting at 5, could not last long as Basant Mohanty trapped the latter lbw for 19 early on the day.
Uthappa though held on for while, he fell for 45 off 105 balls with the help of six hits to the fence.
After Uthappa`s departure, Stuart Binny (42), Amit Verma (27) and Muralidharen Gautam (18) were the only other batsmen who could reach double figures.
Three quick wickets sent ripples in Karnataka`s dressing room and the wicket of Amit Verma opened the floodgates for Odisha.
Odisha: 202 & 255
Karnataka: 213 & 179 all out for 72.3 overs (Robin Uthappa 45, Stuart Binny 42; Alok Sahoo 3/27, Biplab Samnatray 2/28).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened