Ranji Trophy: Innings win for Railways against Rajasthan
Bhubaneshwar: All-rounder Karan Sharma grabbed a career-best eight-wicket haul as Railways crushed defending champions Rajasthan by an innings and 12 runs to record their first Ranji Trophy win of the season here today.
Replying to the Railways` mammoth first innings score of 405, Rajasthan were following on after being dismissed for 135.
Their second essay ended at 258 with Karan being the wrecker-in-chief in the Group A encounter.
With this win, Railways, who had drawn their previous five matches, have jumped to fifth position with 14 points.
Rajasthan, in contrast, remained at the bottom of the heap with five points from six matches after succumbing to their third successive loss.
Resuming at the overnight 153 for two, Rajasthan seemed steady as Robin Bist and Ashok Menaria completed contrasting half-centuries.
While Rohit consumed 194 deliveries for his 68-run knock, which included five fours and a six, Menaria proved to be the aggressor with his 69-ball 56 which was studded with 10 boundaries, including a six.
Both the batsmen eventually became Karan`s victims.
Menaria was the first to fall with the team score reading 185. His departure triggered the spectacular collapse during which five batsmen failed to touch double-digit scores.
Dishant Yagnik teamed up with Bist for a while with a 42-ball 27 but the two could not save the day for Rajasthan as Railways cruised to a thumping win.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state