Vidarbha in command against Odisha in Ranji Trophy
Cuttack: Vidarbha produced a brilliant bowling display as they bowled out Odisha for just 121 to place themselves in the drivers` seat in their Ranji Trophy group league match on the second day here on Sunday.
Sandeep Singh bagged four wickets for 39 runs to trigger a top-order collapse for the home side who were all out in just 50.2 overs in their first innings in the Group B match at DRIEMS Ground at Tangi here.
Faiz Fazal claimed two wickets for 18 runs as all the six Vidarbha bowlers bowled economically and returned with at least a wicket each as the visitors took 85-run first innings lead.
In reply to Vidarbha`s first innings 206 all out, Odisha lost their opener Girija Rout for a duck by the first over itself with Sandeep taking his first wicket.
The home side never recovered from the initial jolt as they were 37 for four by the 14th over and were eventually all out for 121. Their highest partnership was the 35 between Govind Podder (25) and captain Natraj Behera (17) for the fifth wicket. Niranjan Behera was the top-scorer for Odisha with 28.
In their second innings, Vidarbha were 64 for two in 30 overs. They have taken an overall lead of 149 runs with eight second innings wickets in hand.
Amol Ubarhande was batting on 38 and Amol Jungade was giving him company without opening account when the stumps were drawn today.
Earlier, Vidarbha resumed the day on 188 for eight and added 18 runs in the morning before being all out for 206.
Vidarbha: 206 all out in 93.5 overs (Gaurav Upadhyaya 40, Basant Mohanty 3/31) and 64 for 2 in 30 overs (Amol Ubarhande batting 38).
Odisha 1st Innings: 121 all out in 50.2 overs (Niranjan Behera 28; Sandeep Singh 4/39).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert