Vidarbha thrash Odisha by 106 runs
Cuttack: Riding on pacer Amol Jungade`s fine five-wicket haul, Vidarbha bowled out Odisha for a paltry score for the second time in their Ranji Trophy group league game to win the match by 106 runs inside three days here on Monday.
Vidarbha looked like to have lost the plot after they were bowled out by Odisha for just 140 in their second innings, giving the home side a target of 226 for a win at DRIEMS Ground at Tangi here.
But Jungade`s five for 44 and help from Shrikant Wagh (2/23) and Faiz Fazal (2/24) turned the match in favour of Vidarbha who wrapped up the match an hour before the schedule close on the third day.
With today`s win, Vidarbha are now third in Group B, moving to 19 points, ahead of Delhi`s 17. Odisha are now stuck at 16 points after seven games.
Odisha failed to negotiate the Vidarbha pace attack as they were all out for just 119 in 40.1 overs. Number eight batsman Lagnajit Samal top-scored with 30 who also put up the home side`s best partnership of 39 with Alok Sahoo for the eighth wicket.
Earlier in the morning, Odisha pulled themselves back into the game by taking the last seven Vidarbha wickets for just 41 runs.
Vidarbha, who resumed at 64 for two today, added 76 runs in 28.1 overs, before being bowled out for 140 in 58.1 overs. Medium pacer Alok Mangaraj was the chief wrecker with five for 19.
Wicketkeeper Amol Ubarhande top-scored for Vidarbha with a 136-ball 55 with the help of nine boundaries. He added 17 runs today to his overnight 38 before becoming Mangaraj`s third victim of the day.
Vidarbha: 206 and 140 all out in 58.1 overs (Amol Ubarhande 55; Alok Mangaraj 5/19).
Odisha: 121 and 119 all out in 40.1 overs (Lagnajit Samal 30; Amol Jungade 5/44).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital