Sehwag set to play Vijay Hazare zonal one-dayers for Delhi
New Delhi: Dropped from the Indian ODI squad, senior opener Virender Sehwag is all set to play for his state team Delhi in the North Zone leg of the National One-day Championship for the Vijay Hazare Trophy.
Sehwag is certain to play in the first Test against Australia at the Kotla from February 22 and the 34-year-old will get serious match practice while playing for Delhi in the zonal leg, which starts on February 13 in Himachal Pradesh.
"Viru will be playing for Delhi in the zonal one-dayers and will certainly get good match practice ahead of the Australia series," Delhi chief coach Vijay Dahiya told PTI after the team`s training session on Monday.
Delhi have four one-day matches before the first Test match on February 13, 15, 17, 19 against Jammu and Kashmir, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh and Haryana while Sehwag will certainly not play in the fifth and final group league match against Services.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez