Sehwag set to play Vijay Hazare zonal one-dayers for Delhi
New Delhi: Dropped from the Indian ODI squad, senior opener Virender Sehwag is all set to play for his state team Delhi in the North Zone leg of the National One-day Championship for the Vijay Hazare Trophy.
Sehwag is certain to play in the first Test against Australia at the Kotla from February 22 and the 34-year-old will get serious match practice while playing for Delhi in the zonal leg, which starts on February 13 in Himachal Pradesh.
"Viru will be playing for Delhi in the zonal one-dayers and will certainly get good match practice ahead of the Australia series," Delhi chief coach Vijay Dahiya told PTI after the team`s training session on Monday.
Delhi have four one-day matches before the first Test match on February 13, 15, 17, 19 against Jammu and Kashmir, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh and Haryana while Sehwag will certainly not play in the fifth and final group league match against Services.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?