Sehwag set to play Vijay Hazare zonal one-dayers for Delhi
New Delhi: Dropped from the Indian ODI squad, senior opener Virender Sehwag is all set to play for his state team Delhi in the North Zone leg of the National One-day Championship for the Vijay Hazare Trophy.
Sehwag is certain to play in the first Test against Australia at the Kotla from February 22 and the 34-year-old will get serious match practice while playing for Delhi in the zonal leg, which starts on February 13 in Himachal Pradesh.
"Viru will be playing for Delhi in the zonal one-dayers and will certainly get good match practice ahead of the Australia series," Delhi chief coach Vijay Dahiya told PTI after the team`s training session on Monday.
Delhi have four one-day matches before the first Test match on February 13, 15, 17, 19 against Jammu and Kashmir, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh and Haryana while Sehwag will certainly not play in the fifth and final group league match against Services.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal