Sehwag set to play Vijay Hazare zonal one-dayers for Delhi
New Delhi: Dropped from the Indian ODI squad, senior opener Virender Sehwag is all set to play for his state team Delhi in the North Zone leg of the National One-day Championship for the Vijay Hazare Trophy.
Sehwag is certain to play in the first Test against Australia at the Kotla from February 22 and the 34-year-old will get serious match practice while playing for Delhi in the zonal leg, which starts on February 13 in Himachal Pradesh.
"Viru will be playing for Delhi in the zonal one-dayers and will certainly get good match practice ahead of the Australia series," Delhi chief coach Vijay Dahiya told PTI after the team`s training session on Monday.
Delhi have four one-day matches before the first Test match on February 13, 15, 17, 19 against Jammu and Kashmir, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh and Haryana while Sehwag will certainly not play in the fifth and final group league match against Services.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part III
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!