Sehwag set to play Vijay Hazare zonal one-dayers for Delhi
New Delhi: Dropped from the Indian ODI squad, senior opener Virender Sehwag is all set to play for his state team Delhi in the North Zone leg of the National One-day Championship for the Vijay Hazare Trophy.
Sehwag is certain to play in the first Test against Australia at the Kotla from February 22 and the 34-year-old will get serious match practice while playing for Delhi in the zonal leg, which starts on February 13 in Himachal Pradesh.
"Viru will be playing for Delhi in the zonal one-dayers and will certainly get good match practice ahead of the Australia series," Delhi chief coach Vijay Dahiya told PTI after the team`s training session on Monday.
Delhi have four one-day matches before the first Test match on February 13, 15, 17, 19 against Jammu and Kashmir, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh and Haryana while Sehwag will certainly not play in the fifth and final group league match against Services.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...