Women’s Cricket: Jhulan helps Bengal win
Dhanbad: A superb batting performance by Jhulan Goswami helped Bengal post 57 runs victory over Jharkhand in the east zone senior women’s inter state cricket championship here at Railway stadium on Sunday.
In another match of the day at Digwadih stadium, Tripura shocked Assam by five wickets to register second successive victory in the championship.
At Railway stadium Bengal piled up 213 for 7 in 50 over. In reply host Jharkhand restricted themselves to 156 for 7 in 50 over.
After scoring a scintillating 90 for Bengal, Jhulan took two valuable wickets of Jharkhand for 24 runs in 10 over. Jhulan pulled up the team from dire strait when five wickets of Bengal were down at the score of 43.
Her 90 runs inning came in by facing 106 balls in which she hammered 12 boundaries. Archana Das hit 39 in 65 balls while Annyesha Maitra
chipped in 36 runs in 38 balls. Both of them sent four hits to fence.
For Jharkhand, Rakhi Sinha took 2 wickets for 13 runs while SR Sharma and N M Prasad claimed two wickets each. In reply, Jharkhand scored 156 for 7 in 50 over. Nitu and Rina Singh contributed 43 runs each while Kavita Roy hit 30 runs.
Jhulan, Annyesha and Moumita took two wickets each. At Digwadih stadium, Tripura crushed Assom by five wickets. Batting first Assam scored 124 for 9 in 50 overs. Devika Sathe was the highest scorer with 40 runs. She faced 53 balls and hit six fours.
Anita Lodh contributed 26 runs facing 71 balls. SP Sinha took 3 wickets for 15 runs while Ganga returned with 2 for 20 runs.
In reply, Tripura reached the target (125) in 48.3 overs losing only five wickets. Indrani Jamatia (24) and Anapurna Das added 69 runs for fourth wickets partnership which helped the team to post victory.
Devika Sathe took 3 wickets for 30 runs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city