Domingo says Proteas squad is not earning reputation for ball tampering
Johannesburg: South Africa coach Russell Domingo has denied that his team was earning a reputation for ball tampering after Vernon Philander became the second bowler in the last nine months to be fined by the ICC for the offence.
Philander was on Friday fined 75 percent of his match fees after footage emerged of him attempting to change the condition of the ball by scratching the surface with his fingers and thumb during the ongoing first Test against Sri Lanka.
Domingo said that he does not think that South Africa is earning that reputation, adding that he would hate to say that other side is a bit better at doing it than they are, Sport24 reported.
The coach said that they do not try to do it intentionally, adding that Philander said that he was cleaning it but it is now done.
South Africa were involved in a similar incident against Pakistan in the UAE last October when TV coverage showed Faf du Plessis rubbing the ball close to the zipper of his trouser pocket. He was fined 50 percent of his match fees.
Domingo said that he had not seen the latest footage and it was hard for him to comment in detail, adding that they need to move on and put it behind them because nine times out of ten if they have footage, one would be found guilty.
Domingo further added that the try to play the game in the right spirit, and it is not something that they set out to do.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!