Dravid to play T20 tournament for MCC in Dubai in March
London: Former Indian captain Rahul Dravid will feature in a Twenty20 tournament in Dubai in March as a member of the Marylebone Cricket Club.
Dravid, who retired from international cricket last year, has confirmed to play for the MCC team which will take on Sussex, Warwickshire and 2011 County Champions Lancashire in Emirates Airline Twenty20 Trophy which will he held on March 21 and 22 at 7he Sevens Stadium in Dubai.
Australian fast-bowler Shaun Tait will also play in MCC`s T20 side for the second year running in the tournament, the MCC said in a statement.
The Twenty20 tournament is being held before the four-day (March 24-27) Champion County game, which will be a day-night match between MCC and Warwickshire to be played with a pink ball at the Zayed International Cricket Stadium in Abu Dhabi.
Dravid`s appearance will mean he has played for MCC in the UAE for three consecutive winters, which included scoring a century for the Club in its victory over Nottinghamshire in the 2011 Champion County fixture.
He appeared alongside fellow Indian player Sourav Ganguly and his teammate at Rajasthan Royals, Tait in the Emirates Airline T20 the following year.
Dravid has a warm relationship with MCC -- where he is an Honorary Life Member -- also sitting on the Club`s World Cricket committee. The 40-year-old retired from first-class and international cricket last year, but is set for another season with the Rajasthan Royals in the Indian Premier League season six this year.
MCC squad (two more to be added): Dale Benkenstein (capt), Jimmy Adams, Joe Denly, Rahul Dravid (T20 only), Simon Kerrigan, Steve Kirby, Dawid Malan, Sam Northeast, Alan Richardson, Shaun Tait (T20 only), Peter Trego.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre