Dravid to play T20 tournament for MCC in Dubai in March
London: Former Indian captain Rahul Dravid will feature in a Twenty20 tournament in Dubai in March as a member of the Marylebone Cricket Club.
Dravid, who retired from international cricket last year, has confirmed to play for the MCC team which will take on Sussex, Warwickshire and 2011 County Champions Lancashire in Emirates Airline Twenty20 Trophy which will he held on March 21 and 22 at 7he Sevens Stadium in Dubai.
Australian fast-bowler Shaun Tait will also play in MCC`s T20 side for the second year running in the tournament, the MCC said in a statement.
The Twenty20 tournament is being held before the four-day (March 24-27) Champion County game, which will be a day-night match between MCC and Warwickshire to be played with a pink ball at the Zayed International Cricket Stadium in Abu Dhabi.
Dravid`s appearance will mean he has played for MCC in the UAE for three consecutive winters, which included scoring a century for the Club in its victory over Nottinghamshire in the 2011 Champion County fixture.
He appeared alongside fellow Indian player Sourav Ganguly and his teammate at Rajasthan Royals, Tait in the Emirates Airline T20 the following year.
Dravid has a warm relationship with MCC -- where he is an Honorary Life Member -- also sitting on the Club`s World Cricket committee. The 40-year-old retired from first-class and international cricket last year, but is set for another season with the Rajasthan Royals in the Indian Premier League season six this year.
MCC squad (two more to be added): Dale Benkenstein (capt), Jimmy Adams, Joe Denly, Rahul Dravid (T20 only), Simon Kerrigan, Steve Kirby, Dawid Malan, Sam Northeast, Alan Richardson, Shaun Tait (T20 only), Peter Trego.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town