England defeat West Indies by 5 wickets
London: A 132-run partnership between Alastair Cook and Ian Bell helped England defeat West Indies by 5 wickets in the first Test match played at Lord’s.
Chasing 191 to win, England slumped to 57/4 as Kemor Roach scalped his third wicket to dismiss Trott for just 13 runs. Kevin Pietersen and Cook added 28 runs for the fourth wicket before Pietersen (13) perished in Shannon Gabriel’s first over.
West Indies looked to be in a very solid position till then, but the century partnership between Cook (79) and Bell (63*) did the rescue work as England now lead the series 1-0. Cook was dismissed when the home team needed just two runs to win.
Stuart Broad who picked up 11 wickets in both the innings was declared as the Man of the Match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!