England defeat West Indies by 5 wickets
London: A 132-run partnership between Alastair Cook and Ian Bell helped England defeat West Indies by 5 wickets in the first Test match played at Lord’s.
Chasing 191 to win, England slumped to 57/4 as Kemor Roach scalped his third wicket to dismiss Trott for just 13 runs. Kevin Pietersen and Cook added 28 runs for the fourth wicket before Pietersen (13) perished in Shannon Gabriel’s first over.
West Indies looked to be in a very solid position till then, but the century partnership between Cook (79) and Bell (63*) did the rescue work as England now lead the series 1-0. Cook was dismissed when the home team needed just two runs to win.
Stuart Broad who picked up 11 wickets in both the innings was declared as the Man of the Match.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview