England names unchanged squad for Nottingham Test
London: England has named an unchanged 13-man squad for the second Test match against West Indies at Trent Bridge, starting on Friday.
Fast bowlers Graham Onions and Steve Finn were kept as reserves in the squad, after England won the first Test match at Lord’s by five wickets.
“There were some very impressive performances across all five days of the first Test both from individuals and the team as a whole and we were made to work hard for the first victory of the summer,” The Sydney Morning Herald quoted national selector Geoff Miller, as saying.
“We know the West Indies will again prove challenging opposition and our squad will be looking forward to preparing for another tough match later this week,” Miller added.
England 2nd Test squad:
Andrew Strauss (captain), Alastair Cook, Jonathan Trott, Kevin Pietersen, Ian Bell, Jonathan Bairstow, Matt Prior (wicketkeeper), Tim Bresnan, Stuart Broad, Graeme Swann, James Anderson, Graham Onions, Steven Finn.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital