England names unchanged squad for Nottingham Test
London: England has named an unchanged 13-man squad for the second Test match against West Indies at Trent Bridge, starting on Friday.
Fast bowlers Graham Onions and Steve Finn were kept as reserves in the squad, after England won the first Test match at Lord’s by five wickets.
“There were some very impressive performances across all five days of the first Test both from individuals and the team as a whole and we were made to work hard for the first victory of the summer,” The Sydney Morning Herald quoted national selector Geoff Miller, as saying.
“We know the West Indies will again prove challenging opposition and our squad will be looking forward to preparing for another tough match later this week,” Miller added.
England 2nd Test squad:
Andrew Strauss (captain), Alastair Cook, Jonathan Trott, Kevin Pietersen, Ian Bell, Jonathan Bairstow, Matt Prior (wicketkeeper), Tim Bresnan, Stuart Broad, Graeme Swann, James Anderson, Graham Onions, Steven Finn.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- 17 die in fire at Ukraine home for elderly
- PM Narendra Modi to visit five nations from June 4; to take up black money issue with Swiss President
- Sharks possess distinct personalities like humans
- 'Sultan' new poster: See robust Salman Khan turns 'Golden Sultan' magnifying the aura!
- Bihar class 10th result 2016 declared; check Bihar Board Matric class 10 Results 2016 on biharboard.bih.nic.in