English media backs Monty Panesar, urges winter return
London: English media has claimed that England bowler Monty Panesar, who was find by police in Brighton after urinating on bouncers, could return to the side in the winter.
According to The Guardian, given the tolerance and help offered to other England cricketers in the past, Panesar deserved a chance in the team once again.
Three weeks ago Panesar was included in the squad for the third Test at Old Trafford and by all accounts came close to playing, the report said.
Police fined the bowler for his behaviour and he faces disciplinary procedures from Sussex, his employers, the report added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?