Ex-skipper Graeme Smith lauds Jacques Kallis for his honesty
Johannesburg: Former Proteas cricket captain Graeme Smith has praised Jacques Kallis for his honesty in accepting that he could not face the possibility of letting down the Proteas in the run-up to next year`s World Cup.
Smith said that in accepting his poor ODI form on the recent tour to Sri Lanka, Kallis had shown maturity in his decision to re-evaluate his future in the sport, Sport24 reports.
Smith admitted that he had been ribbing Kallis about him getting on in years, and of having a hint about his retirement from all forms of the game sonner than later.
Kallis, he said, really wanted to win the World Cup, but realized that he might let the team down.
Smith said the timing of the decision to retire was perfect because it gave the team enough time to adapt their tactics to his absence ahead of the World Cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok