Flight delay holds up Pietersen’s ‘reintegration’ process
London: The delay in the British Airways flight from Johannesburg to London brought a new twist to the Kevin Pietersen saga, resulting in his “reintegration” process getting postponed.
Pietersen’s British Airways flight was delayed by 24 hours, which resulted in him missing a scheduled meeting with one senior England player in London on Monday afternoon.
Pietersen has agreed to fly home for three days between matches for Delhi Daredevils in the Champions League Twenty20 tournament being held in South Africa.
It is seen as an important step in repairing relations with his England colleagues and management, The Telegraph reports.
He is due to hold a series of face-to-face meetings with senior players, coaches and captain as England decides whether to add him to the squad for the tour to India.
There have been positive comments from senior England players over the past week but the outcome of this week’s meetings will go a long way to determining whether he makes the India tour, the paper said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery