Flower wants England to make most of final T20 against Pakistan
Dubai: England coach Andy Flower feels their final Twenty20 match against Pakistan on Monday is the last chance for them to prepare for the Twenty20 World Cup in Sri Lanka where the conditions would be almost same.
England hope to become the first team to retain the T20 World Cup in Sri Lanka and this match is the perfect dry run.
There are still six months to go and four T20 matches against the West Indies and South Africa, but they are all in England.
“There are not many games left for us. And most are in England, so it will be a different type of cricket. That means we have to make the most use of this next one which, no doubt, we will be aiming to do,” The Mirror quoted Flower, as saying.
Flower said England had their sights set on the Twenty20 World Cup and would like to prepare well for the competition. “We have to have an eye on the World Cup, which is in Sri Lanka in six months, and therefore how we play against these spin bowlers in these conditions is vital to our chances out there,” he said.
“We’ve had two very good games of T20 cricket and it was nice to level the series and give ourselves this chance of winning it in a final match.” “This experience out here has been great for us.” Flower added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof