Former player Moody says England better than ‘rusty and disorganized’ Oz
London: Former Australian cricketer has rated the current Oz team as rusty and disorganized in comparison to England.
“England are a better side at the moment; they are more organised and they have got depth with bat and ball. They look confident, are settled, have some good experience,” a newspaper quoted Moody, as saying.
“Australia, on the other hand, have come out of not playing cricket for two or three months, look rusty and disorganised and their batting order seems all over the place.
George Bailey and Peter Forrest have both batted at number three in this series but they are not number threes,” he added.
“With the ball, Moody questions the selections of both Mitchell Johnson and Brett Lee while young gun James Pattinson sits on the sidelines. Mitchell’s form slump has gone on for more than a year. He swings the ball once in a blue moon and is probably better suited to sub-continent type challenges,” he said.
Moody further added: “Australia have got a lot of young bowlers coming through and it is time to blood them and give them experience; they will only grow in stature by playing in English conditions. Brett Lee has been a great player for Australia but he is mid-thirties now and is he the future?”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price