Former player Moody says England better than ‘rusty and disorganized’ Oz
London: Former Australian cricketer has rated the current Oz team as rusty and disorganized in comparison to England.
“England are a better side at the moment; they are more organised and they have got depth with bat and ball. They look confident, are settled, have some good experience,” a newspaper quoted Moody, as saying.
“Australia, on the other hand, have come out of not playing cricket for two or three months, look rusty and disorganised and their batting order seems all over the place.
George Bailey and Peter Forrest have both batted at number three in this series but they are not number threes,” he added.
“With the ball, Moody questions the selections of both Mitchell Johnson and Brett Lee while young gun James Pattinson sits on the sidelines. Mitchell’s form slump has gone on for more than a year. He swings the ball once in a blue moon and is probably better suited to sub-continent type challenges,” he said.
Moody further added: “Australia have got a lot of young bowlers coming through and it is time to blood them and give them experience; they will only grow in stature by playing in English conditions. Brett Lee has been a great player for Australia but he is mid-thirties now and is he the future?”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- LOL: Never ever say these annoying things to a tall person! – Watch video
- Max Landis writing 'Pepe Le Pew' movie!
- Demand to ban advertisements on fairness creams in RS
- Migaloo sighting alert! White humpback whale spotted off Australia's Byron Bay (See pic)
- 'Iron Lady' Irom Sharmila to end 16-year fast on August 9, contest elections in Manipur