Former player Moody says England better than ‘rusty and disorganized’ Oz
London: Former Australian cricketer has rated the current Oz team as rusty and disorganized in comparison to England.
“England are a better side at the moment; they are more organised and they have got depth with bat and ball. They look confident, are settled, have some good experience,” a newspaper quoted Moody, as saying.
“Australia, on the other hand, have come out of not playing cricket for two or three months, look rusty and disorganised and their batting order seems all over the place.
George Bailey and Peter Forrest have both batted at number three in this series but they are not number threes,” he added.
“With the ball, Moody questions the selections of both Mitchell Johnson and Brett Lee while young gun James Pattinson sits on the sidelines. Mitchell’s form slump has gone on for more than a year. He swings the ball once in a blue moon and is probably better suited to sub-continent type challenges,” he said.
Moody further added: “Australia have got a lot of young bowlers coming through and it is time to blood them and give them experience; they will only grow in stature by playing in English conditions. Brett Lee has been a great player for Australia but he is mid-thirties now and is he the future?”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!