Full credit to Sri Lanka for winning opening T20:White
Colombo: Australian Twenty20 captain Cameron White has praised the performance of the Sri Lankan team and gave them full credit for winning Saturday’s first Twenty20 match of the two-match series.
Australia lost the match by 35 runs after Sri Lankan captain Tillakaratne Dilshan scored a century to guide his team to 3-198 off their 20 overs.
The total proved unassailable for White’s Australians.
“Clearly didn’t play as we would have hoped,” a daily quoted White, as saying.
“Full credit to Sri Lanka, and Dilshan who played a wonderful innings. If anyone scores a hundred off 57 balls it will be hard work to win the game from there. But look, there were some disappointing aspects of the game from our end as well,” he added.
The second match of the series will be played at Pallekele International Cricket Stadium on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16