Full credit to Sri Lanka for winning opening T20:White
Colombo: Australian Twenty20 captain Cameron White has praised the performance of the Sri Lankan team and gave them full credit for winning Saturday’s first Twenty20 match of the two-match series.
Australia lost the match by 35 runs after Sri Lankan captain Tillakaratne Dilshan scored a century to guide his team to 3-198 off their 20 overs.
The total proved unassailable for White’s Australians.
“Clearly didn’t play as we would have hoped,” a daily quoted White, as saying.
“Full credit to Sri Lanka, and Dilshan who played a wonderful innings. If anyone scores a hundred off 57 balls it will be hard work to win the game from there. But look, there were some disappointing aspects of the game from our end as well,” he added.
The second match of the series will be played at Pallekele International Cricket Stadium on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics