Gang-rape victim will RIP if we don`t Rest In Peace: Gauti
New Delhi: Senior India batsman Gautam Gambhir has expressed his anguish at the Delhi gang-rape and the subsequent death of the victim which has created an outrage in the country and urged the people to continue to fight against the heinous crime.
"Stressed to call it a Happy New Year after another blot on Delhi and how we treat our women...Shame!," Gambhir tweeted on his new handle @5gautamgambhir.
"Good to see that the flame is burning and burning bright for the victimised girl. She will only RIP when we don`t Rest In Peace. Get up, stand up and let us all be wings of change guys," he wrote.
"Not surprised to see US and UK reviewing their travel advisory to Delhi. May be the new rape legislation can be named after the victim," he added.
He also urged fans to keep their faith in Team India despite the string of poor performances recently.
"Guys, have faith in us, the Indian team. Hopefully, it is a new year, a new start and we will turn it around .. Godwilling.
"In Kolkata for the next ODI, love the place, love the people here. Amazing what `feel good` factor can do."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory