Gang-rape victim will RIP if we don`t Rest In Peace: Gauti
New Delhi: Senior India batsman Gautam Gambhir has expressed his anguish at the Delhi gang-rape and the subsequent death of the victim which has created an outrage in the country and urged the people to continue to fight against the heinous crime.
"Stressed to call it a Happy New Year after another blot on Delhi and how we treat our women...Shame!," Gambhir tweeted on his new handle @5gautamgambhir.
"Good to see that the flame is burning and burning bright for the victimised girl. She will only RIP when we don`t Rest In Peace. Get up, stand up and let us all be wings of change guys," he wrote.
"Not surprised to see US and UK reviewing their travel advisory to Delhi. May be the new rape legislation can be named after the victim," he added.
He also urged fans to keep their faith in Team India despite the string of poor performances recently.
"Guys, have faith in us, the Indian team. Hopefully, it is a new year, a new start and we will turn it around .. Godwilling.
"In Kolkata for the next ODI, love the place, love the people here. Amazing what `feel good` factor can do."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!